Do I Need a Birmingham Lawyer for My Auto Accident Claim?
If you have been injured in an auto accident, hiring a seasoned personal injury attorney is one of the smartest things you can do. Just some of the ways in which a lawyer can help with your case are as follows:
- Your lawyer can help you gather evidence.
- Your lawyer can interview witnesses.
- Your lawyer can negotiate with insurance companies for a favorable settlement.
- Your lawyer can take your case to trial and fight for maximum compensation, should the situation call for it.
Auto Accident Cases Our Firm Handles
Alabama Personal Injury Lawyers, LLC handles the gamut of auto accident cases on behalf of our clients, including the following:
- Car Accidents: Car accidents are by far the most common type of auto accident. Fortunately, the majority of car accidents don’t lead to physical injuries, but a significant portion of them do. If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you deserve a legal advocate who can stick up for you and fight for your interests. Fortunately, you are in the right place.
- Truck Accidents: Truck accidents are devastating, as 18-wheelers and other commercial trucks often dwarf the size of other motor vehicles. If you’ve been hurt as a result of a truck driver’s negligence, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Alabama Personal Injury Lawyers, LLC for help filing your claim.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Unfortunately, motorcycle accidents prove to be among the most fatal type of auto accidents, as bikers aren’t afforded the same level of protection as other motorists on the road. If you or a loved one has been harmed in a motorcycle accident, our Jefferson County personal injury lawyers are here to help you fight for the compensation you need.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Pedestrians are all too frequently harmed in accidents caused by careless drivers. Whether you were hurt while walking along a crosswalk, on a sidewalk, or otherwise, our firm is on your side. Give us a call or contact us online so you can tell us your story.
- Drunk Driving Accidents: Everyone knows it is both unlawful and downright wrong to drive while under the influence of alcohol, yet countless people still do so. If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident with a drunk driver, our firm is prepared to help you get the compensation you need.
- Uber Accidents: Though Uber is now a staple in all major cities in America, Uber drivers are only human, and as a result, are prone to accidents. If you were injured in an Uber or Lyft accident, you need a lawyer who is familiar with Uber/Lyft’s liability coverage and the various nuances associated with these rideshare accident cases.
Steps to Take After a Motor Vehicle Accident
The moments after an auto accident can prove critical in the outcome of a future personal injury claim. For this reason, it’s important to take certain steps after an accident to ensure the facts surrounding it are well-documented and that you get the medical treatment you need. Those steps are as follows:
- Call the police. Not only will law enforcement send emergency medical services to the scene to provide you with the immediate care you need, but they will also write up a police report of the accident.
- Get the other driver’s insurance information. Be polite, but brief. Ensure you avoid apologizing for the accident, even out of politeness, as the other driver may use your words and twist them as an admission of guilt. On the other hand, you shouldn’t be overly confrontational either, as this can escalate already high tensions and lead to an altercation.
- Ask anyone who witnessed your accident for their name, phone number, email address, or any other means to reach them. Witness testimony can prove crucial in personal injury cases.
- Take pictures of any damage to your vehicle, the other driver’s vehicle, and any property that was damaged in your accident, such as guardrails shrubbery, or telephone poles.
- Once you’re treated in a hospital, be sure to hang on to all medical documentation pertaining to your injuries. You should also keep copies of your medical bills, as we can use these to prove the extent of the damages you’ve incurred.
- Retain the services of a seasoned Birmingham auto accident lawyer who can file your personal injury claim and fight for the maximum compensation to which you are entitled.
The primary objective of any personal injury claim is to prove that another party’s negligence led to the damages a person sustained. This is known as satisfying the burden of proof. As long as we can do so, you should receive financial compensation to help you recuperate from the economic and non-economic damages you’ve incurred. This can include hospital bills, lost wages, the cost of medication, the cost of in-home care, emotional anguish, pain and suffering, the loss of enjoyment of life, and more. Though this compensation is no “magic wand,” it can help a person get the resources they need to move on with their life and make a full recovery.
Filing Your Claim On Time
The statute of limitations for most auto accident claims in Alabama is two years. This means that if you are injured and wait longer than two years from the date of your accident, you’ll most likely permanently lose your right to sue. The sooner you reach out to our firm, the sooner we can get started fighting for the compensation you need to heal.
Contact a Jefferson County Auto Accident Lawyer Today
The bottom line is that if you’ve been hurt in an auto accident of any kind, you need a lawyer you can depend on. Fortunately, you are in the right place. Contact Alabama Personal Injury Lawyers, LLC today to schedule your free case evaluation with our experienced legal team.