Motorcycle accidents are some of the deadliest and cause some of the most severe injuries on the road. Unfortunately, bikers are often the victims of negligence when drivers don’t see them or behave in other reckless ways in their vehicles. Most motorcycle riders are safe and do everything in their power to ride responsibly. The most common cause of a motorcycle accident is an automobile or truck driver’s failure to yield the right of way to the motorcyclist. This is especially true at an intersection. Because of their relatively small size, motorcycles may be more difficult to see on the road. This requires that other drivers pay attention to their driving and obey all traffic signs and signals. Another common cause of motorcycle accidents is roads that are in unsafe condition, either because of potholes or uneven surfaces.
What should you do if you are involved in a motorcycle accident?
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- Report the accident to the police.
- If possible, document the accident by taking photos or videos.
- Obtain witness contact information.
- Report the accident to your own insurance company.
- Hire an experienced attorney.
If a motorcycle crash has changed you or your family’s life, you may be able to take action against the driver who caused your crash. You should contact a motorcycle accident attorney for a consultation.
What is the process?
- Gather Information: In order to build your case, the first step is to gather documentation and evidence of your crash and injuries. This includes collecting medical records, medical bills, insurance policies, and other records related to your claim.
- Investigate: Once the proper paperwork has been gathered, our attorneys will begin looking for supporting evidence to build your case. This will include witness testimony, security footage, dashcam footage, police records, and more.
- Negotiations: With the evidence built up from the information gathering and investigation, your lawyer will begin negotiating with the insurance company. If no settlement is reached, your lawyer will bring your case to trial.
An experienced Birmingham motorcycle accident lawyer can help you navigate dealing with insurance companies as well as ensure you get the financial compensation you deserve. Contact us for a free consultation to discuss the specifics of your situation. We can be reached at 205-855-2745 or by email at Tracy@AlabamaPersonalInjuryLawyers.com or Nicole@AlabamaPersonalInjuryLawyers.com.